Not just data, not just stats! Let’s talk about what labour market information is, and how you can actually use it.
As part of Elgin Middlesex Oxford Workforce Planning and Development Board’s effort to make our labour market information (LMI) more accessible to the community, we’ve launched a new series… and this is the first episode!
Nothing about LMI has to feel daunting; not finding it, not trying to understand it, and not figuring out how to interpret it for good use. As our first episode in our new Labour Market Information Made Easy series, we want to start from ground zero: what is LMI?
This webinar isn’t just for those who don’t know what LMI is. It’s for those who use LMI, should be using LMI, or want to use LMI to make better decisions when it comes to employment (not just for yourself, but for other people, too).
We want to start from the very basics. “Labour market information” makes sense in context, right? You understand what it means in a sentence, of course. But what is the definition? If you had to explain it to someone in one sentence, what would you say?
We want our Labour Market Information Made Easy series to be engaging and enjoyable. Hosted by Jessica Gowers, the structure of our sessions will be as follows:
1. Who’s in the audience?! Let’s start there. Quick poll!
2. We’ll really launch the session with a discussion. Let’s hear your thoughts, opinions, and impressions on an anonymous Jamboard. Want to check out the Jamboard now? We have it ready! https://jamboard.google.com/d/1xrAi641jxYym1Uf1ysq0uoRTJL3Vyg9CRZHcmn5f8FM/edit?usp=sharing
3. Then, we’ll get into the meat and potatoes of the session. The audience will watch a pre-recorded short video on the topic. Jessica will be able to monitor the chat as the video plays.
4. Question period, thoughts, discussion, wrap up.
5. Exit poll: How did you enjoy the session?
If you want a better grasp on exactly what LMI is and the ways you can use it (and already do use it, even unintentionally), we invite you to register for this webinar.